Castilla la Mancha. The name alone invokes images of errant knights battling giant windmills. The flat landscape is also responsible for one of Spain’s most recognizable culinary delights: Manchego cheese.
Some of the highlights of this tour include:
- Campo Criptana, the town where you will find the famous windmills of Don Quijote de la Mancha. We’ll have the opportunity to walk among them and even visit the interior of one, as well as a traditional cave-house.
- The Cervantes Museum and the house of Dulcinea.
- A visit to a winery and tasting of the local Manchego wine.
- Visit to a traditional cheese factory and tasting the famous Manchego cheese.
- Visit to the Alcazar de San Juan lagoon complex for birdwatching. We’ll provide binoculars for the group.