Wine and its culture reign in the Rioja Alavesa. A network of wineries, wine shops and museums allow the visitor to practice what is locally known as ‘enoturismo’.
On the banks of the Ebro river, in southern Álava, 12,000 hectares of vineyards turn gold under the sun. They belong to the Rioja Alavesa region and produce more than 40 million litres of wine per year.
We can design the route, contact all wineries and book visits and tastings, book your hotel, find different activities based on your interests, make lunch or dinner reservations … Let us help you with your trip to Spain!
Some of the multiple things you can do while visiting the Rioja Alavesa:
- Visits to wineries, tastings included!. There are a total of 51 wineries.
- While enjoying the different wines and wineries, discover towns like Labastida, Laguardia, Samaniego, Lanciego, Elvillar or La Puebla de Labarca.
- A visit to the wine museum of Villa Lucía.
- Spend a morning at the Villa de Laguardia Wine Oil Spa Center.
- Enjoy a meal in a winery or even a barbecue!
- While you are in the Basque Country, we recommend you to try the pintxos.
- Enjoy our selection of the best wine shops in the area.