This tour is perfect for the romantic in all of us. Looking for a romantic medieval town, complete with walls, legends and a rose? Montblanc, an hour and a half south of Barcelona, is the answer. This beautiful medieval town is filled with stone streets, walls and beautiful buildings. And if that’s not enough, it’s also home to the legend of St. Jordi and his heroic rescue of the princess, which spawned the most romantic day in Catalonia, St. Jordi’s Day (the Catalan version of Valentine’s Day). Join us as we explore the folklore, legends and history of one of Catalonia’s most romantic medieval towns.
Some of the highlights of this tour include:
- The Church of Santa Maria, which dominates the center of the town
- The Tower of St. Jordi, site of the legendary battle between St. Jordi and the dragon for the princess.
- The Walls and towers of the town, for a spectacular view over the town and the surrounding region.
- Casa de la Vila – A 13th century building whose history is intimately linked with the region’s development
- Plaza Mayor, once home to the market and the most important square in the town.
- A glass of wine or cava from the region to finish your day.