This full day tour is designed to give you an in-depth look into this hidden jewel, just an hour south of Barcelona. We begin exploring the Roman history of the Iberian peninsula’s most important city from the time: Tarraco. From the walls and towers to the temple under the cathedral to the spectacular amphitheater overlooking the Mediterranean, the rocks and stones of the city will tell you the story of the rise and fall of this once powerful city. But Tarragona is more than just its Roman heritage. We will also discover the collection of medieval monuments and buildings, and the Balcony over the Mediterranean (taking advantage of its enviable location right along the beach) that have made this UNESCO World Heritage City one of the hidden jewels of Catalonia.
Some of the highlights of this tour include:
- El Pont del Diable, Roman Aqueduct.
- The Cathedral (12th Century), built on on the same site of what was once a Roman temple.
- La Puerta de San Antoni, an 18th century gate along the city wall.
- Roman Forum and Circus.
- The Roman Amphitheatre, this UNESCO World Heritage Site was built outside the city walls in the I century AD, the amphitheater has the remains of a Romanesque temple in the middle, as it sits majestically overlooking the Mediterranean.
- The Walls. Roman walls dating back to the 2nd century BC.